Model Kits Construction Reviews, Tips, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Academy, Accurate Miniatures, Fujimi, Aircraft and Cars

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tip # 1: DIY Paint Rack

I'll try to share some of the tips I learned and developed in my short modelling "life".
This is my version of the DIY Paint Rack.
Materials:
1. Angled Aluminum bar
2. 1.5 inch Square Hook (from Ace hardware or Handyman)

Procedure:
1. Measure length of the area where you want to install the paint rack. In my case, I installed it inside my DIY'd paint booth/construction area. Cut the aluminum angle bar as per the identified length.
2. Fix the aluminum bar across the paint booth by using the 1.5 inch square hook. This is the ideal hook for this application. You can use alternative means to fix the aluminum bar if this is not available in your local hardware.

That's it! I'm thinking of adding a couple of more racks for larger diameter bottles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home