Model Kits Construction Reviews, Tips, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Academy, Accurate Miniatures, Fujimi, Aircraft and Cars

Sunday, November 11, 2007

1/24 Honda S800

1/24 Honda S800 (Fujimi)
This is my 1st serious car build. I built 2 cars before when I was starting, one was wrecked already and the other one still WIP. Hopefully this time, I will be able to complete it.


I bought this kit for PhP250 (~$6) at a local hobby store. It was a find! :) Kit was in superb condition except for the decal, which was yellowed already. But that can still be fixed if I decide to use it. I'm planning to build the non-racing version.

The kit is good! 2 sets of rims are provided. There is an option to do top down and w/ top convertible plus a hard top as well. There is very little flash and mold lines on the body. I forgot to take a picture of the sprue before I removed the parts, later I'll buy another one so that I can post the parts.

I've already decided to expose the engine so I had cut-off the hood. While I was deepening the panel lines for the door, I also decided to cut the passenger side and posed it open. Hopefully I'll be able to hinge it so that I can close it during transport.

On to the photos:

update time. i spent some quality time w/ my son while building this kit ;D ;D ;Dhe likes to watch while I work, he's specially interested now that I'm building a car :D he's a certified car lover. i was planning to paint all the "flat black" paints tonight but since it was running late already, we just dry fitted the parts. no major problems seen. although there are a lot of flashes on some of the under chasis parts. Even though my son is already sleeping, I can't paint the parts... promised him we'll paint them together tomorrow. so until then, enjoy some in-progress pics.









i forgot to mention that I stripped the chrome from the small parts and the engine. I initially used Coke but the time to strip all the chrome was taking a bit longer. So before I left for the office this morning, I switched to bleach. When I came home, all the chrome were gone :D. I didn't strip the chrome yet for the front and rear bumpers and also the headlight housing since I might be able to use them still... no alclad chrome available here yet, i don't want to stall the project while waiting for it to be available.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home